A New Overhead Door for Cold Storage Facilities
At TKO, we like to think of ourselves as more than problem-solvers. We're solution-finders. And, when we noticed a need for a certain type of overhead door, we set out to design one that fit the requirements of cold storage facilities. The result: The VertiCool dock door.
Many food and beverage facilities or cold storage distribution centers are concerned with energy efficiency. They also have to stick to their budgets, which can lead to facility managers having to prioritize their spending on new material handling equipment. For example, a cold storage facility might install vertical storing dock levelers, which can help increase energy efficiency by allowing the loading dock door to fully seal against the dock floor. However, if you've got a standard overhead door installed, you're still going to miss out on those energy savings.
Since vertical levelers are a rather large investment, many facilities don't have the budget to install Vertical Rise Freezer Doors that have a higher R-value. This leads us to our problem: how can cold storage facilities reap the benefits of a Vertical Rise Freezer Door without incurring the high costs?
We created the VertiCool for this very situation. This door is designed specifically for use with vertical storing dock levelers. Here are a few of the features:
- A 4-inch thick R-23 insulated panel that mirrors the insulated wall panel for superior thermal protection
- 48-inch panel heights, reducing the number of panel joints by 50% for energy efficiency and easy cleaning
- Dual compression side seals which are mounted to the door panel to prevent damage and maintain effectiveness
- A closed-cell foam interior which prevents moisture accumulation and door damage
- A heavy-duty polymer thermal break track the runs the full opening height
- UV stabilized exterior painted aluminum skin
- Dual overlapping header seal and compression loop bottom seals to maintain a consistent seal around all sides of the door
If you think the VertiCool might be a good fit for your cold storage facility, we would be happy to visit your site and do a free Energy Efficiency Analysis and consultation with you.